Focus on the real demands of the examination
Exclusive study material, totally aligned to the examination
Excellent faculty with deep strategic insight in to the subject and examination
Time bound preparation plan, that gets you ready in time
High quality mock tests to sharpen your presentation
Apart from showing a healthy selection percentage of about 10% in the Civil Service Examination, Zoology is known to be the force behind so many IAS Top Rankers in the past - nearly all of them have been from Evolution.
You too can reach there in just about 6 months with us. Such is the scientific planning of our course and such is the quality of our teaching.
A short introduction
Zoology being a science subject has a straight and clearly laid out syllabus. It has always been popular as a safe and scoring optional in the IAS and the IFoS.
The popularity of the subject has been due to:
- Clear syllabus
- High scoring nature
- Interesting nature
- Conceptual nature
- Straightforward presentation expected
- Role of diagrams and flow charts in scoring high
For scoring well in this subject, you have to know the core facts and concepts with clarity. You also need to know how to present your answer well.
During UPSC evaluation, there is always a great degree of objectivity because of the straight forward nature of questions. So, you can be sure of not losing any marks on the grounds that your line of arguments / interpretation did not match with that of the examiner. In sciences, there are only facts and concepts, which if correct, are bound to fetch you high marks. Therefore, with Zoology you can be fairly sure of scoring just on the basis your examination hall performance.
We have guided many students who have scored more than 60% marks in the IAS Main (a score, which is good enough to make you a top ranker). In the recent years, about 10% of the total selections in the IFoS too have come from this optional.
Results with Zoology
- Top Rankers like Rachit Raj (Rank 3, IAS 2013), Dr. Arun Thambhuraj (Rank 6, IAS 2012), Dr. Adapa Karthik (Rank 1, IAS 2007), Dr. Amit Saini (Rank 2, IAS 2006), Dr. Basant Garg (Rank 2, IAS 2004), have all been trained by us for Zoology optional.
- In IAS 2015, our student Megha Bhardwaj got 32nd Rank with this subject.
- Some other notable results in the recent past include:
- Anshika Agarwal – Rank 1 – IFoS 2014
- Abhilasha – Rank 2 – IFoS 2015
- Aditya M. – Rank 5 – IFoS 2015
- Aviroop Sinha – Rank 6 – IFoS 2015
For more results, please visit our results section.
Who can benefit from our Zoology Course?
In our experience, both good and average students can gain from our Zoology Course, especially in the following ways:
- In clearing the fundamentals of the subject. In the examination paper of Zoology; most of the questions are direct and fundamental in nature. Hence, having a clear grasp over the basics is of crucial importance.
- In adding value to the answer. With us, you will be exposed a number of specialist teachers – each one a master of his / her area. Such teachers dedicate a considerable amount of time in developing updated coverage of various topics they teach. Due to this continuous effort, you get a fast and highly effective value addition to your answers.
- In organizing the entire course as per the demands of the IFoS / Civil Service Examination. Thus, you can understand the emphasis areas and focus on them appropriately.
- You can be selective in coverage and maximize the quality of answers in the areas chosen.
- You learn the intricacies and techniques to write effective and marks-fetching answers, without which much of the preparation may go in vain.
If you have been a biological or allied science student, you’ll find the entire course extremely rewarding and easy to manage. Hundreds of such students have already benefitted from our Zoology course so far. It is your turn now.
Paper – I of IAS Main Examination / IFoS Zoology – Full coverage with study material
Paper – II of IAS main Examination / IFoS Zoology – Full coverage with study material
Updated study material with 100% coverage of the syllabus
5-6 days a week depending on the stage of the Course
3-4 Hours a day
Revision Tests along with the classroom coverage of the subject
Refresher Tests after the completion of the classroom coverage of the subject
Test frequency is usually once a week
Supplementary notes on updates (provided in e-book form)
Refresher tests after the completion of the course based on IAS Main and IFoS Pattern
What the Toppers say about us
All India Rank - 1, Indian Forest Service Eaxm, 2016
I prepared both my optional subjects with Evolution for the Civil Service and Indian Forest Service Examinations. Despite being a B.Tech. in Computer Science, I mastered subjects like Botany with Forestry with reasonable efforts and felt confident in the exams.
The classroom course and notes have been exactly in tune with the needs to the examination. For most of my preparation, I relied only on my class-notes, while the study materials served as excellent reference resources.
I was also with Evolution for Interview Guidance and Test Series. I must say that the personal attention – especially from Abhishek Sir – was truly remarkable and went a long way in sharpening my preparedness and keeping myself motivated.