Test Series commencement dates
Focus on the real demands of the examination
High quality mock tests to sharpen your presentation
Time bound preparation and revision plan
Detailed discussion and feedbacks
Model answers prepared by the faculty
An introduction to Evolution test series
Evolution conducts Test Series for the Main Examination every year after the Preliminary Examination.
The Test Series is available for both:
- the Civil Service Main Examination
- the Indian Forest Service Main Examination
This year’s Test Series is starting in LATE-JUNE and JULY 2018. The links to download the Test Series Plans are provided above on this webpage.
Why do you need this Test Series
The Test Series is meant to provide you rigourous practice on the lines of the actual Main Examination. Such regular and supervised practice sessions will enable you to write effective and marks-fetching answers with ease.
As any selected candidate will tell you, acquisition of knowledge and mastering the concepts constitute only half of the IAS / IFS preparation. The remaining half of the preparation is made up of answer writing practice.
It is effective answer writing practice which makes you connect your preparation to the examination hall performance. If you are serious about clearing these highly competitive examinations, you must not ignore this vital dimension of IAS or IFS preparation.
Your answer writing practice also needs to be structured scientifically to get the maximum out of them vis-à-vis the actual requirements of the Main Examination. Further, your answers need to be examined by experienced teachers and you require continuous feedback so that with every test, you improve in a quantifiable way.
When you go through our Test Series, you will find yourself writing much better and precise answers with relative ease.
Subjects available for the Test Series
Test Series is available for:
- Zoology optional Test Series for the CSE Main and IFS Main
- Botany optional Test Series for the CSE Main and IFS Main
- Agriculture optional Test Series for the CSE Main and IFS Main
- Forestry optional Test Series for the IFS Main
- General Studies Test Series for the CSE Main (to be announced after Civil Service Prelim Examination result)
- General Knowledge Test Series IFS Main (to be announced after Civil Service Prelim Examination result)
- For the optional subjects, the tests will be covering the syllabus of both the Civil Service Main Examination and the Indian Forest Service Main Examination.
- For General Studies, the Test Series will be separate for Civil Service Main and Indian Forest Service Main Examinations.
- The IFS General Knowledge Test Series will also include 2 tests for English Paper (300 Marks) for the Indian Forest Service Main.
- The Test Series will be divided into two parts.
- Section specific tests
- Full syllabus tests.
- Normally, there are going to be 12 tests, of which 8 will be sectional tests and 4 tests will be full syllabus tests.
- The IFS General Knowledge Test Series will only have 8 full syllabus tests. In this, there is no sectional test available.
- The frequency of the tests is once a week.
Question framing, Evaluation and Discussion
- The questions will be set by our core faculty, keeping in view the pattern of questions of the last few years. Many new patterns of questions will also be framed to prepare you for the unexpected.
- The answer scripts will be evaluated by the core faculty of Evolution.
- The evaluated answer scripts will be returned to you in a week’s time.
- At the time of returning the answer scripts, our core faculty will also be discussing your performance, providing you suggestions for improvement and will share model answers for selected questions. These model answers will be in the framework style and you will be expected to use them as guidelines and build your own answers using them.
Mode and plan of conducting the tests
The test series is available in both classroom and distance learning modes.
The programme calendar will remain the same for both the modes.
Only if you find our programme calendar in alignment with your overall preparation plan, you should join the Test Series.
You can view the test plan by clicking on the links above in the “Detailed Calendar” section.
Taking the tests in the classroom mode
If you join the test series in the classroom mode, you will be reporting for the tests on the prescribed date and time. We cannot accommodate your request for other dates or time due to logistical reasons of classroom availability.
When you take the test in the classroom mode, you write it in simulated examination hall like conditions. Each test will be followed by a discussion of the previous week’s test by our faculty. In these sessions, our core faculty will be discussing your performance, providing you suggestions for improvement and will share some model answers.
Taking the tests in the distance learning mode
If you join the test series in the distance learning mode, you will be receiving the tests on the prescribed date and time by e-mail / Google Drive Link. You will be expected to take the test in simulated examination hall like conditions at your own place. You will have two days’ time to attempt the test.
Then, you have to send your answer script to us by courier / registered post / Speed Post. We must receive your answers within eight days from the date of the Test.
Please note that we do not accept scanned copy of answer scripts, since in many cases poor quality of scan / print-out hamper the efficacy of evaluation.
We will evaluate your answer scripts and send you back with the suggestion of our faculty for improving your answers. We shall also be sending you the model answers that we share with the test-takers in the classroom mode. You can also watch video recording of the test-discussion class.
Please note that in the distance learning mode test series, it is important to maintain the examination hall like discipline at the time of taking the tests.
Programme Fee and How to Join
How to join?
You can join the 2018 Test Series in 3 simple steps.
Once we receive the payment confirmation, and the form submitted by you, you will be enrolled for the test series. You will receive a call and email from our office confirming your enrolment.
Please note that we are not taking walk-in admission through our office for the test series. Therefore, whether you plan to attend the test series in the classroom or in the distance learning mode, the admission is to be taken online only.
The course fee for the test series and the payment links are as follows. The online admission form is given further below.
|Test Series||Course Fee (with taxes)||Payment link |
|Zoology optional for the CSE Main and IFS Main||Rs. 11,500 + 18% GST||Pay here for Zoology Test Series|
|Botany optional for the CSE Main and IFS Main||Rs. 11,500 + 18% GST||Pay here for Botany Test Series|
|Agriculture optional for the CSE Main and IFS Main||Rs. 11,500 + 18% GST||Pay here for Agriculture Test Series|
|Forestry optional for the IFS Main||To be announced after the Prelims 2018 Result||Admission to open after the Prelims 2018 Result|
|General Studies for the CSE Main||To be announced after the Prelims 2018 Result||Admission to open after the Prelims 2018 Result|
|General Knowledge IFS Main||To be announced after the Prelims 2018 Result||Admission to open after the Prelims 2018 Result|
For any query or assistance, please send us a message or WhatsApp text on this number: +91-9810975937.