Importance of Test Series for your preparedness
A good Test Series is the vital link in your UPSC CSE and IFS Main preparation that converts your knowledge in to actual examination hall performance. Evolution's well planned Test Series gives you:
- Exposure to all the important topics for the current year's Main Examination. This helps you focus your efforts on the vital and high yield topics of the syllabus.
- Structured practice under simulated conditions. This allows you to calibrate your speed and finish the paper within stipulated time.
- An opportunity to test your ability to (1) recall the key facts related to the answer; (2) construct structured description or discussion using core concepts; and (3) structure the facts and arguments coherently to present a compact yet effective answer.
- An opportunity to identify the gaps in your factual knowledge and concepts, so that you can quickly address your performance vulnerabilities.
- An opportunity to learn under expert guidance: (1) How to understand the keywords of the question; (2) Structure & presentation of answer; (3) Understanding the requirements of context & content in different types of questions; and (4) How the questions should be attempted for good score.
- Learn specific methods to improve your performance further from the faculty's feedback.
What is included in the Test Series?
- 8 well planned tests in each programme, in which the questions have been carefully chosen from the most significant topics for the current year's Main Examination.
- Evaluation of your answer scripts by the faculty member with proper feedback and marking on the lines of UPSC Examiners.
- Detailed discussion by the faculty on every question of the test paper and its ideal answer. About 100 well-written model answers (~12 answers per test; available on the Test Portal till your CSE / IFS Main 2020) from the faculty's side are also included.
- An opportunity to directly interact with the faculty though live online sessions and get your personal queries resolved.
Things to consider before you apply for admission
Test Series is an advanced preparatory programme and not meant for everybody.
In our experience, the Test Series would be an ideal programme for you, if:
- You are going to face CSE Main 2020 or IFS Main 2020 or both the examinations.
- You are in possession of the standard books or Evolution's latest study materials for the subject.
- Your core preparation is complete and you want to undertake revision and practice in a parallel manner. You must realise that the discussion sessions will be aimed at helping you construct an impactful answer and it would not include teaching of the topic. You must comfortable with this advanced level of interaction with the faculty.
- You are prepared to go through the rigorous calendar of the test series and ready to adhere to the time stipulations (Explained in the next section).
General instructions for taking the tests
Please read this section carefully before applying for admission.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation, the Test Series 2020 is available only in the online mode. Here, we describe how the Test Series will be conducted this year.
- Online only: All aspects of the programme - delivery of the question papers, submission of answer sheets from your side, evaluation and discussion sessions will be conducted online. There will be dedicated portal for this purpose. We will send you the access details for the Test Portal a day before the commencement of the programme.
- Test paper upload: We will upload the Test Paper and Question-cum-Answer (QCA) booklet on the portal for each test according the test calendar.
- Answering the test: You will be able to download and print the Test Paper and Question-cum-Answer (QCA) booklet from the portal. After this, please take a printout of the QCA booklet to write the test. If you can not take a printout of the QCA booklet for any reason, you can answer the test on plain A4 sheets also by (1) leaving 1.5" margin on all sides, (2) writing your name, email ID and mobile number clearly on the first page, and (3) putting page numbers clearly in the bottom of each page.
- Honesty of effort: You will make sure, for your own sake, that the test is attempted within a single sitting of 3 hours. Further, you must take the test solely on the basis of your recall,
- Submitting for checking: After completing the test, you will (1) scan your answer booklet, (2) convert the scanned document into a single PDF file, and (3) upload the PDF file on the portal.
- No flexibility on deadlines: The Test Series calendar is not flexible, and this is for your sake only. A very high degree of discipline is a must when you are so close to writing the Main Examination. The answer booklet PDF file must be uploaded on the portal within 48 hours from the date and time of the test. Booklets submitted later than that will not be accepted.
- Discussion sessions: Discussion and answer framing class and sharing of ~12 pre-framed model answers for each Test will be conducted within 4 days of the Test through a live online session by the faculty on the Test Portal. The timing of the session will be notified on the portal. If you miss the session, you can access the recording of the session.
- Return of evaluated answer booklets: Evaluated answer booklets with remarks of the faculty will be uploaded on the portal within 10 days from the date of the Test.
- Addressing your queries: The faculty will be available and happy to address your queries and concerns. You can ask your query to the faculty though the portal and depending on the nature of your query the faculty will respond on the portal or through a phone call or through a video call.
- Non-refundable, non-transferrable & no roll-over: The enrollment to the Test Series is non-refundable, non-transferrable and can not be rolled-over to the next batch or next year. Please consider all the relevant factors before joining the programme.