IFS Interview Guidance
The UPSC will be conducting Personality Test for IFS-2018 Examination from 28th January 2019. Are you ready for it?
Please read below for information on Interview Guidance Refresher Course and Mock Interviews.
About the Personality Test for the Indian Forest Service Examination 2018
On 3rd January 2019, the Union Public Service Commission announced the written stage result of the Indian Forest Service (IFS) Examination (Main) 2018.
The candidates having cleared the IFS Main Examination will now face the Personality Test, starting from 28th January 2019.
Our Interview Guidance and Practice Programme
We at Evolution have developed a comprehensive Interview Guidance and Practice Programme for the forthcoming IFS Personality Test.
For the last 15 years, this programme has enjoyed a nationwide acclaim and unmatched trust among IFS aspirants. We have been the pioneers of this programme and have worked hard to evolve this programme according to the changing requirements of the UPSC IFS Examination.
This programme has made hundreds of candidates cross the final line and get selected for the prestigious Indian Forest Service (IFS).
For you too, it will be immensely helpful in achieving an impressive rank in the IFS final list this year.
You may like to have a look on our IFS result on this page – Results of earlier IFS Examinations
Why do you need Evolution IFS Interview Guidance and Practice Programme?
The Indian Forest Service (IFS) is a specialized All India Service and it can not be regarded as a generalist service. The selection process too is quite different for this examination as compared to the Civil Service Examination. At each step of this examination, your suitability for the IFS is being tested.
The UPSC has developed a very scientific pattern of Personality Test to assess you at the final stage of selection process. Here, the Interview Board at the UPSC will be interested to see in you traits and abilities like integrity, communication, zeal to contribute, managing people, and projects, environmental awareness and sensitivity, liking for an outdoor life, etc.
Such a specialized Personality Test needs focused preparation with experts. Being the first-mover in this field and having constantly been evolving, Evolution is the only institute in India with real expertise for the Indian Forest Service Examination.
Our IFS Interview Guidance Programme is a vital link to your success.
What are we offering for the Personality Test for the Indian Forest Service Examination 2018?
We are offering two types of programmes. If this is your first IFS Interview, you must join both the components. But, if you have faced the IFS Interview earlier, you may like to join even one of the components, based on your needs.
|Programme||What do you get?|
Online Refresher Classes
Programme fee: Rs. 6,000
Only Online Admission can be taken. Use the payment link below to initiate Admission.
After successful payment, you will be taken to an online form to fill in your details and upload your DAF and Photograph.
You will get the Video Lectures of Refresher Classes and Study Material. The essentials of the Online Refresher Classes are as follows.
Fee: Rs. 1,200
You will get one session of Mock Interview with our specifically constituted panel for IFS Interview. After the interview, you will get structured feedback on your performance and tips on how to improve.
Mock interviews are crucial to your personality test preparation. They play a vital role in:
An outline of the Curriculum of the the Refresher Classes
There are two parts of the Online Refresher Classes for IFS Personality Test.
Part – 1 : The essentials of Indian Forest Service interview
- Under the essentials of Indian Forest Service interview, we cover mainly the following.
- The nature of the Indian Forest Service interview
- The UPSC’s expectation from the Indian Forest Service candidates
- The most likely questions
- Some perennially favourite questions, which have been asked nearly every year to almost 50% of the candidates
- How the Indian Forest Service interview differs from the Civil Service Examination interview
- The do’s and don’ts of the Indian Forest Service interview
- What kind of knowledge you’re expected to display with respect to hobbies
- How to handle certain tricky questions, such as, “why do you want to join the Indian Forest Service” or “what service will you choose and why if you are selected for both Indian Forest Service and Indian Administrative Service” etc.
- Common mistakes by most of the candidates and how to avoid them
- The dress code
- The essentials of the body language, appropriate for the interview
Part 2 of the Refresher Classes – Domain specific topics
These classes cover areas such as environment, forests, wildlife, climate change and such other areas where a good grasp is expected from you in the Indian Forest Service interview.
In this part we have covered those vital concepts and facts where you are required to display clarity and proficiency combined with precise expression during the Indian Forest Service interview.
These areas will include the essentials of:
- Forests in India
- Forest -related legislations in India
- Different forest policies of India
- Essentials of forestry practices
- Various issues related to forest management in India
- Problems such as encroachment, forest fires, forest land diversion for non-forest purposes etc.
- New initiatives in the field of forests and their management
- Forest Rights Act
- Wildlife wealth of India
- Wildlife -related policies in India
- Wildlife Protection Act of India
- Protected Area Network of India
- Various conservation programmes of India such as Project Tiger, Mission Rhino, Project for Asiatic Lions, Project Elephant, Project Snow Leopard, Project for the Great Indian Bustard etc.
- Biological diversity, international conventions, legislative and policy actions taken by India, the challenges facing biodiversity in India, the various amendments to the UN Convention on Biological Diversity, Hot Spots, Hope Spots, Unique situation of the Western Ghats, etc.
- Conservation challenges, the concept of threatened species, IUCN categories etc.
- Pressing environmental problems of India, such as worsening air quality, particulate matters, vehicular pollution, the pollution of the river Ganga etc.
- Emerging issue such as the judicial intervention in environmental matters, National Green Tribunal etc.
- Recent international meets
- Main knowledge areas from India State of Forests Report and the Annual Report of the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change
Going beyond the expected
In addition to the classes, it goes without saying, these classes will be helping you plan for the questions which may be asked from your biodata. Usually these questions start the interview and therefore, they are highly important. After all, who doesn’t want to make a great first impression?
Our experience will help you identify what type of questions can be asked to you on your background, education, work experience, hobbies, awards etc.
We’ll also help you deal with certain tricky questions which are mainly aimed at exploring your deeper motivations for joining the service. These questions also have another purpose, that is to assess how passionately you feel about this service.
Our experience with thousands of the students puts us in a unique position to enrich you with an unparalleled insight into what the actual interview is going to be like. If you are willing to work diligently with us, then this is the best preparation you can have for your forthcoming Indian Forest Service interview.
We will not leave any stone unturned. Our success lies in your success. And we expect an equally uncompromising attitude from you when you join us for the programme.
Please call, between 10 AM and 6 PM:
+91 11 47092329