Contents of this page
- About the Personality Test for the Indian Forest Service Examination 2017
- Our Interview Guidance and Practice Programme
- Why do you need Evolution IFS Interview Guidance and Practice Programme?
- What are we offering for the Personality Test for the Indian Forest Service Examination 2017?
- Details of our IFS Interview Guidance Programme
- Going beyond the expected
- How to enrol to our IFS Interview Guidance Programme
- Online Admission to IFS Interview Guidance Programme in 4 simple steps
- Need assistance?
About the Personality Test for the Indian Forest Service Examination 2017
On 3rd January 2018, the Union Public Service Commission announced the written stage result of the Indian Forest Service (IFS) Examination (Main) 2017.
The candidates having cleared the IFS Main Examination will now face the Personality Test, starting from 05th February 2018. There will be about 3 candidates competing for every single seat.
Our Interview Guidance and Practice Programme
We at Evolution have developed a comprehensive Interview Guidance and Practice Programme for the forthcoming IFS Personality Test.
For the last 14 years, this programme has enjoyed a nationwide acclaim and unmatched trust among IFS aspirants. We have been the pioneers of this programme and have worked hard to evolve this programme according to the changing requirements of the UPSC.
This programme has made hundreds of candidates cross the final line and get selected for the prestigious Indian Forest Service (IFS).
For you too, it will be immensely helpful in achieving an impressive rank in the IFS final list this year.
You may like to have a look on our IFS result on this page – Results of earlier IFS Examinations
Why do you need Evolution IFS Interview Guidance and Practice Programme?
The Indian Forest Service (IFS) is a specialized All India Service and it can not be regarded as a generalist service. The selection process too is quite different for this examination as compared to the Civil Service Examination. At each step of this examination, your suitability for the IFS is being tested.
The UPSC has developed a very scientific pattern of Personality Test to assess you at the final stage of selection process. Here, the Interview Board at the UPSC will be interested to see in you traits and abilities like integrity, communication, zeal to contribute, managing people, and projects, environmental awareness and sensitivity, liking for an outdoor life, etc.
Such a specialized Personality Test needs focused preparation with experts. Being the first-mover in this field and having constantly been evolving, Evolution is the only institute in India with real expertise for the Indian Forest Service Examination.
Our IFS Interview Guidance Programme is a vital link to your success.
What are we offering for the Personality Test for the Indian Forest Service Examination 2017?
We are offering three types of programmes.
|Programme||What do you get?|
|Full Programme (Includes Refresher Classes for IFS Personality Test + Mock Interview)
Programme fee: Rs. 6,000
|Refresher Classes for IFS Personality Test
Programme fee: Rs. 4,000
Programme fee: Rs. 2,000
|You will get a session of Mock Interview with our specifically constituted panel for IFS Interview. After the interview, you will get structured feedback on your performance and tips on how to improve.|
Details of our IFS Interview Guidance Programme
There are two components of our IFS Interview Guidance Programme.
- Mock Interview
- Refresher Classes for IFS Personality Test
If this is your first IFS Interview, you must join both the components. But, if you have faced the IFS Interview earlier, you may like to join even one of the components, based on your needs.
Mock interviews are crucial to your personality test preparation. They play a vital role in:
- familiarizing you with the actual interview format of the IFS
- letting you know the most probable biodata related and technical questions which may be asked to you in the interview
- identifying your strong points and how to best capitalise on them
- identifying your weak spots and practical strategies to deal with them
- deepening your insight on expectations of the UPSC interview board
- improving your own performance from the collective experience of 1000+ candidates who have been trained by us
The salient features of our mock interviews are as follows.
- Mock Interview will be conducted by a specially constituted panel which will include academics drawn from different disciplines of Delhi University, IIT and also a recently selected IFS officer / a retired IFS officer.
- We shall be emphasizing on such questions which align with your personal, academic and professional background. Our experience shows that such questions have a high probability of being asked to you.
- The mock interviews will also assess your aptitude and knowledge in specific areas such as issues related to environment, forests, climate change, biodiversity and wildlife in India.
- We shall also be framing questions to check your familiarity with the Indian Forest Service, its mandate, current role, emerging challenges etc.
- Each mock interview will be followed by a detailed feedback from the panelists. During these feedbacks, you will be getting to know your strong points, where you can do better and score given on the current performance.
The Refresher Classes are for about 20 hours. These classes were held at Evolution from 10th January till 14th January 2018.
If you sign up now, you will get the Video Recording of these Refresher Classes.
In these classes, we have covered the essentials of the Indian Forest Service interview plus a broad range of topics on laws, policies, programmes and issues related to forests, wildlife and environment. These topics are known to be asked prominently in the IFS Interviews year after year.
Additionally, we will provide you Comprehensive Reading Material (in downloadable PDF format) on the essentials of the Indian Forest Service plus on a broad range of topics on laws, policies, programmes and issues related to forests, wildlife and environment. These topics are highly important from the point of view of the IFS Interview.
Part 1 of the Refresher Classes – The essentials of Indian Forest Service interview
Under the essentials of Indian Forest Service interview, we cover mainly the following.
- The nature of the Indian Forest Service interview
- The UPSC’s expectation from the Indian Forest Service candidates
- The most likely questions
- Some perennially favourite questions, which have been asked nearly every year to almost 50% of the candidates
- How the Indian Forest Service interview differs from the Civil Service Examination interview
- The do’s and don’ts of the Indian Forest Service interview
- What kind of knowledge you’re expected to display with respect to hobbies
- How to handle certain tricky questions, such as, “why do you want to join the Indian Forest Service” or “what service will you choose and why if you are selected for both Indian Forest Service and Indian Administrative Service” etc.
- Common mistakes by most of the candidates and how to avoid them
- The dress code
- The essentials of the body language, appropriate for the interview
Part 2 of the Refresher Classes – Domain specific classes
These classes cover areas such as environment, forests, wildlife, climate change and such other areas where a good grasp is expected from you in the Indian Forest Service interview.
These classes are for about 15 hours. In this part we have covered those vital concepts and facts where you are required to display clarity and proficiency combined with precise expression during the Indian Forest Service interview.
These areas will include the essentials of:
- Forests in India
- Forest -related legislations in India
- Different forest policies of India
- Essentials of forestry practices
- Various issues related to forest management in India
- Problems such as encroachment, forest fires, forest land diversion for non-forest purposes etc.
- New initiatives in the field of forests and their management
- Forest Rights Act
- Wildlife wealth of India
- Wildlife -related policies in India
- Wildlife Protection Act of India
- Protected Area Network of India
- Various conservation programmes of India such as Project Tiger, Mission Rhino, Project for Asiatic Lions, Project Elephant, Project Snow Leopard, Project for the Great Indian Bustard etc.
- Biological diversity, international conventions, legislative and policy actions taken by India, the challenges facing biodiversity in India, the various amendments to the UN Convention on Biological Diversity, Hot Spots, Hope Spots, Unique situation of the Western Ghats, etc.
- Conservation challenges, the concept of threatened species, IUCN categories etc.
- Pressing environmental problems of India, such as worsening air quality, particulate matters, vehicular pollution, the pollution of the river Ganga etc.
- Emerging issue such as the judicial intervention in environmental matters, National Green Tribunal etc.
- Recent international meets, such as Bonn Climate Change Conference, Marrakech Climate Change Conference, Kigali Meet etc.
- Main knowledge areas from India State of Forests Report and the Annual Report of the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change
These classes have been conducted mostly by Dr. Abhishek Kumar, who has led our Indian Forest Service interview programme for the last 14 years. He is widely acclaimed for his expertise in these areas.
With these classes, you will also be getting the relevant reading material on current issues related to Environment, Forests, Climate Change, Biodiversity and wildlife in India.
Going beyond the expected
In addition to the classes, it goes without saying, we will be helping you plan for the questions which may be asked from your biodata. Usually these questions start the interview and therefore, they are highly important. After all, who doesn’t want to make a great first impression?
Our experience will help you identify what type of questions can be asked to you on your background, education, work experience, hobbies, awards etc.
We’ll also help you deal with certain tricky questions which are mainly aimed at exploring your deeper motivations for joining the service. These questions also have another purpose, that is to assess how passionately you feel about this service.
Our experience with thousands of the students puts us in a unique position to enrich you with an unparalleled insight into what the actual interview is going to be like. If you are willing to work diligently with us, then this is the best preparation you can have for your forthcoming Indian Forest Service interview.
We will not leave any stone unturned. Our success lies in your success. And we expect an equally uncompromising attitude from you when you join us for the programme.
How to enrol to our IFS Interview Guidance Programme
As mentioned above, there are two components of our IFS Interview Guidance Programme.
- Mock Interviews
- Refresher Classes for IFS Personality Test
If this is your first IFS Interview, you should join both the components.
But, if you have faced the IFS Interview earlier, you may like to join even one of the components, based on your needs.
- You can take admission online only using the payment buttons and registration form given on this page itself. We are not taking offline admission at our office.
- The admission is given on first come first serve basis. We shall close the admissions once the available seats get filled up. Given our present resources, we can serve only a limited number of candidates. So you are advised to take the admission at the earliest.
Important to note before you make the payment and take admission
- Our online payments are being processed by Instamojo. Please contact the support of Instamojo in case you experience problems like payment failure etc. (Instamojo support: +91-8880-11-00-11 / email@example.com)
- For your Mock Interview, we shall allot a time slot on the basis of your preference and your actual interview date at UPSC. You must report to Evolution at the prescribed reporting time.
- We shall intimate you the date and time for your mock interview at least two days in advance. (Be particular about providing your Mobile Phone Number accurately and keep it switched on, as all the programme related communication will be made to your Mobile Phone. We shall be making calls and sending SMSes / WhatsApp Messages to you.)
- No request for change in the date and time of the mock interview intimated to you will be entertained.
- The payment made by you is non-refundable except in case of termination of the programme from Evolution’s side for any unforeseen factor.
Online Admission to IFS Interview Guidance Programme in 4 simple steps
- Step 1: Make the Payment
- Step 2: Fill up the online registration form on this webpage
- Step 3: Send us an SMS / Whatsapp Message to us (at +91 9810 975 937) informing about the payment
- Step 4: Download, Fill up and Bring the Admission Form when you come for the class / mock-interview
Step 1: Make the Payment
The course fee for Evolution Distance Learning Programmes are as follows. You can pay directly by using the pay and join button given next to each programme.
|Programme||Course Fee (including Taxes)||Payment Link|
|Full Programme for IFS Interview Guidance – (Includes One Mock Interview followed by experts’ feedback and Refresher Classes for IFS Personality Test)||Rs. 6,000|
|Refresher Classes for IFS Personality Test (No Mock Interview)||Rs. 4,000|
|One Mock Interview for IFS Personality Test followed by experts’ feedback||Rs. 2,000|
Step 2: Fill up the online registration form below
Step 3: Send us an SMS / Whatsapp Message informing about the payment
Once you make the payment, please send us an SMS / Whatsapp Text informing about the payment at +91 9810975937 to allow quick processing of your enrolment.
Step 4: Download, Fill up and Bring the Admission Form when you come for the Refresher Class / Mock Interview
- Download our Admission Form by clicking here.
- Take a print out of the Admission Form, fill it up completely, affix a copy of a recently taken photograph (passport size) of yours in the space provided and sign the Admission Form.
- Bring and submit the fully filled-up Admission Form when you come to attend your Refresher Classes or the Mock Interview.