New batches starting soon
Admission related links
Focus on the real demands of the examination
Exclusive study material, totally aligned to the examination
Time bound preparation plan, that gets you ready in time
Personal mentoring and planning by senior faculty
High quality mock tests to sharpen your presentation
Botany has always accounted for about 20% of all selections in the Indian Forest Service Examination and shown a healthy selection percentage of about 10% in the Civil Service Examination. The best part is, you can prepare this subject in just about 5 months with us and you can safely look forward to touch about 60% score or even more. This score is enough to get you in the Top-50 of the final list.
A short introduction
Botany being a science subject has a straight and clearly laid out syllabus. It has lately become popular as a safe and scoring optional in the IAS and the IFoS.
For scoring well in this subject, you have to know the core facts and concepts with clarity. You also need to know how to present your answer well.
During UPSC evaluation, there is always a great degree of objectivity because of the straight forward nature of questions. So, you can be sure of not losing any marks on the grounds that your line of arguments / interpretation did not match with that of the examiner. In sciences, there are only facts and concepts, which if correct, are bound to fetch you high marks. Therefore, with Botany you can be fairly sure of scoring just on the basis your examination hall performance.
We have guided many students who have scored more than 60% marks in the IAS Main (a score, which is good enough to make you a top ranker). In the recent years, about 20% of the total selections in the IFoS too have come from this optional.
Recent Results with Botany
- Vidushi secured IFoS Rank 1 (IFoS 2016) with Botany and Forestry optional subjects.
- In IAS 2015, our student Divya Jyoti Parida got 26th Rank with this subject.
- Some other notable results in the recent past include:
- Abhilasha – Rank 2 – IFoS 2015
- Aditya M. – Rank 5 – IFoS 2015
For more results, please visit our results section.
Who can benefit from our Botany Course?
In our experience, both good and average students can gain from our Botany Course, especially in the following ways:
- In clearing the fundamentals of the subject. In the examination paper of Botany; most of the questions are direct and fundamental in nature. Hence, having a clear grasp over the basics is of crucial importance.
- In adding value to the answer. With us, you will be exposed a number of specialist teachers – each one a master of his / her area. Such teachers dedicate a considerable amount of time in developing updated coverage of various topics they teach. Due to this continuous effort, you get a fast and highly effective value addition to your answers.
- In organizing the entire course as per the demands of the IFoS / Civil Service Examination. Thus, you can understand the emphasis areas and focus on them appropriately.
- You can be selective in coverage and maximize the quality of answers in the areas chosen.
- You learn the intricacies and techniques to write effective and marks-fetching answers, without which much of the preparation may go in vain.
If you have been a biological or allied science student, you’ll find the entire course extremely rewarding and easy to manage. Hundreds of such students have already benefitted from our Botany course so far. It is your turn now.
Paper – I of IAS Main Examination / IFoS Botany – Full coverage with study material
Paper – II of IAS main Examination / IFoS Botany – Full coverage with study material
Updated study material with 100% coverage of the syllabus
5-6 days a week depending on the stage of the Course
2.5 Hours a day
Revision Tests along with the classroom coverage of the subject
Refresher Tests after the completion of the classroom coverage of the subject
Test frequency is usually once a week
Supplementary notes on updates (provided in e-book form)
Refresher tests after the completion of the course based on IAS Main and IFoS Pattern
What the Toppers say about us
All India Rank - 1, Indian Forest Service Eaxm, 2016
I prepared both my optional subjects with Evolution for the Civil Service and Indian Forest Service Examinations. Despite being a B.Tech. in Computer Science, I mastered subjects like Botany with Forestry with reasonable efforts and felt confident in the exams.
The classroom course and notes have been exactly in tune with the needs to the examination. For most of my preparation, I relied only on my class-notes, while the study materials served as excellent reference resources.
I was also with Evolution for Interview Guidance and Test Series. I must say that the personal attention – especially from Abhishek Sir – was truly remarkable and went a long way in sharpening my preparedness and keeping myself motivated.